Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 4 August 2014

Lest We Forget

A simple post of remembrance on this anniversary.




















I have been visiting the Western Front for 20 years and have visited a large number of the key memorials and cemeteries in that time , its sobering when you work out the number of casualties of all sides. Its fitting to take some time to reflect and remember tham all.


The haunting refrain of bugles playing the Last Post at the Menin Gate always guaranteed to bring a tear to the eye.



No comments:

Post a Comment