Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Sunday 6 December 2015

Preparing for the winter painting season

With the start of 6th AHPC just being around the corner the man-cave has had a serious tidy up and work is progressing on preparation activty.

I still have a mountain of lead and plastic for the Sudan which is once more going to be the main focus.

I will also be working on some more Gangster/Pulp stuff to - i will need to spend some time doing the stock of buidling I have as i want to get a game of this on the table early in the coming year - thinking perhaps at Hammerhead.


The paint desk - all nice and tidy!




31 comments:

  1. Looking good Dave, and I'm very pleased to see you'll be carrying on with your fantastic Sudan project; one of the highlights of last year's challenge imho :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! The weather has been unseasonably nice here so I've been working like mad to get figures assembled and primed before the subzero temperatures hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very organized Dave.....unlike me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandbags don't really need much organising do they Ray?

      Delete
  4. I'm starting to get myself ready for the Challenge. I've moved my painting desk and stuff into my spare room now - just got to sort everything out now.

    I'll be interested to see your gangster game when you get it up and running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah , I had to really get this tidied as the chaos in there was starting to become a barrier to getting anything done!

      I have most of the figures, it's buildings to do and then work out a version of the Cowboy rules with added Tommy Guns!

      Delete
    2. And BARs, grenades and cars :)

      Delete
  5. Helluva set-up there Dave - now, are we sure that's ALL you've got in the queue...?
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that was just the easy access pile....

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Soon to be broken by the tramping of thousands of Sudanese feet no doubt...

      Delete
    2. No it's hundreds of Fuzzies...

      Lots of colonials to do , and some nice Devils in Skirts...

      Delete
  7. The calm before the storm. Wargamers and our paint speckled cutting mats!

    I'll look forward to everyone's frenzied entries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah .. I hope Santa brings me nice shiny one!

      Delete
  8. Those buildings look intriguing - always wanted to do Gangster games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some really good ones .. Looking forward to cracking these off.

      Delete
  9. Great stuff can't wait to see you give it the old treatment. I actually think I am going to try "your method" of painting a project as part of the Challenge as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah , it does provide a good bit of focus.

      Delete
  10. Disturbingly organised there Dave - thanks for sharing your secret!
    Good luck buddy! I love Colonials so I'll be watching with keen interest :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Soldiers of the Queen" in abundance! Even some Devils in Skirts..

      Delete
  11. Looks well prepared and very tidy so far. Show us another picture in three weeks, then. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... It will be little more spread out

      Delete
  12. You have a lot of work to do here! Good luck with The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My hobby area is a MESS! perhaps I should tidy up before the paint starts flying?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad to hear that someone else has problems keeping their hobby area under control! My 'man cave' in the attic is awash with Xmas decorations and other junk. Your nice neat workspace is depressing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I meant to wish you good luck in the challenge. Better late than never.

    ReplyDelete